activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC2)
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 15:20:22 GMT
IMO the broker correctly binds to localhost only and does not, by default, allow connections
from remote machines.  This is a simple security/sanity measure to prevent access to default
(i.e. unsecured) instances.

The merit of this configuration is obviously up for debate, but it's worth noting it was done
on purpose.

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Gomes" <e.semog@gmail.com>
To: "ActiveMQ Dev" <dev@activemq.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:05:55 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC2)

-1

Two reasons:

1. The default configuration of localhost for the broker does not allow
connections from off-machine. For some reason, socket connections are
refused from non-local clients. I had to change the broker.xml config to
use the machine's actual IP address, and then non-local clients could
connect.
2. The basic NMS OpenWire client fails to connect at all. It is getting
unknown response IDs from the broker. I don't think the OpenWire protocol
is being negotiated correctly. I am running with the latest NMS trunk
version (1.8.0).