activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject How to encourage more diversity on ActiveMQ
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:07:15 GMT
Clearly a discussion of this topic needs to be started. I proposed some
actions late last night in a different discussion, so let's just start with
those and couple more I have thought of since:

* Offering karma to those contributors who have provided enhancements to
ActiveMQ over the years but who have not been offered it yet (for this I am
already working to compile a list of people who have contributed enough
patches that they should be offered karma -- anyone care to help?)
* Publish a list of expectations on the wiki for contributors who are
interested in seeking karma
* Discussing ideas openly via the lists so that *everyone* has the context
that David mentioned
* Working publicly via the lists to foster trust amongst  and offer one
another compromises
* Taking the time to include the rest of the community in the discussion by
reflecting the outcome of offline conversions via the lists
* Publish a plan of actions for the 'HornetQ donated code base' (including
Hiram's clarification)

What other ideas do people have for encouraging diversity?

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/