activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ {CodeName} Must-Have Features...
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 16:49:38 GMT
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Brian D. Johnson
<brian@thejohnsonfamily.name> wrote:
> MUST HAVE
> - JMS 2.0 support would be great (and I know is already included in the
> code donation)

Yep.. done..

> -- Virtual topics seem like they can be deprecated/discarded in favor of
> shared durable subscriptions
>
> NICE TO HAVE
> - Support for existing legacy message stores.  A means to convert an
> existing legacy store to the new store format would suffice.

We have an importer / exporter at the {Code Name} where it's an
independent format. (The idea when implemented is that you could steal
data even from other providers when implemented).
Maybe someone could implement an exporter from activemq-5 and import
it at {codename}

> - Routing (network connectors) between ActiveMQ {Code Name} and ActiveMQ
> 5.x brokers.

We have openWire as a protocol on {code name}. It's the first
implementation.. and it would be nice people using it and reporting
bugs.