activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Micro tasks for this week on Artemis land
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:41:53 GMT
First I wanted to get some thoughts on what scalability means...

People will say: be able to add more nodes to multiply throughput...

But that means multiple producers, single consumer.. .or it's actually
multiple producers and multiple consumers?

Single queue, or multiple queues?

Then I wanted to be able to take that and write a test to measure what we find.

It would be nice to get some thoughts from users placing things into production.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for posting your thoughts, Clebert. What kinda of scalability test
> are eluding to here? Could you please elaborate with some detail so that I
> can start to help out here?
>
> Bruce
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> From now on I will always refer the {codename} as Artemis
>>
>> This is just a compilation of what I think are good tasks for this
>> week on Artemis
>>

>> i - merge all PRs that are currently on the PR list (that will
>> probably take 2 days, I think that will be a task for me and Justin)..
>>
>> ii - anyone with pending changes should send a PR now.. before the
>> rename... or deal with clashes later
>>
>> iii - rename package names to org.apache.activemq.artemis (similar to
>> apollo strategy)
>>
>> iv - rename documentation
>>
>> v - ask Infra to rename JIRA and github and its hooks.
>>
>> vi - write the hacking guide (that's one thing I promised I would
>> start this week.. I'm not sure I can do this week though).
>>

>> If you need a task to volunteer, please feel free to ping me online on IRC.
>>
>> One task I'm looking for a volunteer is someone writing a scalability
>> test...
>>

>> Another task that I know is being investigated is the Web Console.. is
>> that being done already?
>>

> --
> perl -e 'print
> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'