activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ on raspberry pi
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2015 15:58:21 GMT
Hi,

RPi can certainly run ActiveMQ, however you're going to need to do
some modifications for the platform.

o JDK 1.8 for Arm will not have server flag for JVM, so you'll want to
remove that from scripts.
o The wrapper wasn't working on ARM last time i checked, so you'll
want to write some start/stop/restart scripts and integrate them into
you're OS distributions' startup system.
o There are a variety of RPi optimizations you can do to improve
system resource availability, i've outlined them in my ODL on RPi
posts, linked below.

Related reading:
http://icodebythesea.blogspot.ca/2013/04/adventure-time-apache-karaf-on.html
http://icodebythesea.blogspot.ca/2014/03/apache-karaf-300-on-raspberry-pi.html
http://icodebythesea.blogspot.ca/2014/10/opendaylight-helium-on-raspberry-pi.html
http://icodebythesea.blogspot.ca/2014/10/opendaylight-helium-release-on.html

I'm sorry I don't have a proper manual for AMQ on RPi, the above may
perhaps at least get your project moving forward :)

Cheers,
Jamie