activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Special Board Report
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 01:16:38 GMT
So far so good. And there was a recommendation to change the name. Do
you remember what happened next?

There was a claim that hornetq is just another suproject, like other
ActiveMQ subproject. Except that those are other language bindings,
complementary to the ActiveMQ (well, except Apollo). This is actually a
full blown project competing with ActiveMQ (some 6 months ago) and now
supposed to replace ActiveMQ once everybody gives up. I have never heard
of an open source project being replaced by another in a future version.

Now I have stop being a squeaky wheel. It's sad to notice that some
interests seem to be clouding common sense. Why didn't you guys admit a
few weeks back that it was a mistake? Actually, when did you realize it
was a mistake?

Hadrian