activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Tracy Snell <tsn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Special Board Report
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 16:54:38 GMT

> On Apr 20, 2015, at 9:24 PM, Tracy Snell <tsnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 20, 2015, at 8:54 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com <mailto:clebert.suconic@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> It was pretty clear from the beginning this was going to be a
>> sub-project and we would incorporate changes.. there was a new repo
>> open, a new JIRA open, new jiras fed...     and 205 Pull requests with
>> about 400 committs in 4 months…
>
> Yes. Almost exclusively done by the HornetQ team (going by the commit logs and the team
page at HornetQ’s website).

On the committer side of the community here’s a log of AMQ6 (count, committer, affiliation).

[All pages of https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-6.git;a=shortlog <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-6.git;a=shortlog>
pasted into a file then: cut -f 2 | sort | uniq -c and adding affiliation, Yeah, I was too
lazy to load the git repo]

Commits
Name
Employer

148
Clebert Suconic
RedHat
HornetQ Commit
133
Martyn Taylor
RedHat

116
Andy Taylor
RedHat
HornetQ Commit
57
jbertram
RedHat
HornetQ Commit
16
Howard Gao
RedHat
HornetQ Commit
2
Robert Gemmell
RedHat

1
Claus Ibsen
RedHat

1
Felix Becker

1
Ivo Studensky
RedHat

1
John D. Ament

1
nberdikov

Of those active only Martyn didn’t have commit on the Jboss HornetQ team (as far as I can
tell). It could be that others are contributing code that’s committed by one of the above
by why do that if you have commit? On a side note, that’s a LOT of work by the HornetQ guys!

As a comparison here’s the commits to the activemq repo over approximately the same time
span.

Commits
Name
98
Timothy Bish
96
gtully
48
Dejan Bosanac
10
Daniel Kulp
8
Claus Ibsen
8
Hadrian Zbarcea
8
artnaseef
6
Christian Posta
5
Hiram Chirino
5
Robert Gemmell
3
Jeff Genender
2
Kevin Earls
1
Arthur Naseef
1
Ciprian Ciubotariu
1
Matt Warhaftig

No crossover (except Claus and I think he somehow finds time to commit code to almost every
apache project there is).

To me it seems like 1 project and 2 teams.