activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming Suggestions?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 22:06:14 GMT
On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 05:34:37PM -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> That said, since what we are talking about is a code name and not a
> name of a *Project* SHOULD be easier (but again, we'll verify with
> trademarks@ when we've decided on  name).   The name should always
> be referred to as "Apache ActiveMQ-BLAH" and never "Apache BLAH" or
> just "BLAH".  The exception would be the normal dev chatter on our
> dev list.  This is just like the Apache ActiveMQ-NMS and Apache
> ActiveMQ-CMS we have now.

Right. Since "ActiveMQ" will be in its release name, you've already
got your trademark bits handled, and avoided conflict with anything
else. Find a codename and move along. trademarks@ isn't really needed
as long as it remains a sub-name of ActiveMQ. Chris is just reacting
strongly because of the past use of HornetQ, which is RH's mark. That
is past, so we can skip worrying about that.

I look forward to your choices, and the Board report in a couple weeks.

Cheers,
-g