activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ {CodeName} Must-Have Features...
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 19:19:21 GMT
James, is this thread meant to discuss:

  A) the existing features from ActiveMQ 5.x that ActiveMQ {CodeName} would need to implement
really be considered the next generation of ActiveMQ
  B) the features that don't exist today in ActiveMQ that people would like to see in the
next generation (i.e. in ActiveMQ {CodeName})
  C) both 'A' and 'B'

?

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Schöchlin" <ms@256bit.org>
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:01:48 PM
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ {CodeName} Must-Have Features...

Hi,

my whishlist:
(with descending importance level)

- stability and resilience!!!!!!!
- simplified configuration, (it should be difficult to create unstable
configurations)
- easy and very stable out-of-the-box clustering without centralized
components
  (i.e. like leveldb but without running a dedicated zookeeper instance)
- a very good administration interface which operates on the
configuration files
- good operation system packages and integration
  (RPM, DEB and MSI packages )
- a good puppet module

Regards
Marc

--
GPG encryption available: 0x670DCBEC/pool.sks-keyservers.net
(https://www.256bit.org/keys/mschoechlin.pub.asc)