activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Petter Nordlander <Petter.Nordlan...@enfo.se>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 6.0.0 required Java 8?
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 20:15:26 GMT
I can only agree.

ActiveMQ 6.0.0, by the name, suggests that it¹s a successor to ActiveMQ,
which it¹s not as it¹s a successor to HornetQ with some elements from
ActiveMQ. Great work though, I like the initiative as such.

As long as there is no upgrade path, the name will confuse users. A lot of
people will try it out just to find that half of the features they were
used to are gone. I guess a good start would be to clarify things on the
ActiveMQ homepage.

BR Petter