activemq-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} HornetQ & ActiveMQ's next generation
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:53:36 GMT
I'm with Hadrian on this one.  Incubation seems like the proper route
for this code, to me.  HornetQ already has a well-established
community and apparently a kick-ass code base.  One might wonder why
HornetQ wants to come here in the first place if everything is so
unicorns and rainbows.  Anyway, if there are features of AMQ that
HornetQ (or whatever name it decides to take on here at the ASF) wants
from AMQ, it can easily integrate them as they see fit, without the
burden of trying to maintain backward compatibility and develop a
smooth migration path.