activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pluggable Brokers...
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:03:25 GMT
If there was a semantic behavior in common where this would be
possible, we probably wouldn't need any improvements at all.

For instance, when you receive a message, activemq is blocking a
thread, while it should be asynchronous on the server, a callback be
sent to the client whenever it was possible, from a callback handler.

It's different how lockings will happen, what makes a common API even
more unlikely.

Besides, It gets a bit recursive really, implementing an interface to
the broker implementing the broker.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems unlikely to be possible.

--
Clebert Suconic
http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@jboss.com