activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC3)
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:25:31 GMT
+1 on that.. this is my preference.

We didn't name it M1 because I didn't know it was possible within
apache naming conventions.

With our current planning we would release something in 3 months that
would include JDBC support + OSGI and other things.. I don't think we
are years away from completing a full path. we are talking about
months here.

So keep things with M1, M2.. until we are ready for a full replacement
would be a great option

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> How is this any different than say  CXF 2.7.x to CXF 3.0.x?     Both versions use the
same maven coordinates.    Or Karaf 2.x -> 3.x -> 4.x?

> My opinion is that if this is intended to eventually be a “6.0” of ActiveMQ, then
lets keep going that direction.  That said, if it’s not ready to be a full replacement,
then give it a slightly different naming, like “6.0.0-M1” for milestone 1 or similar.
    I guess that would be my preference.   Until we have all the migration issues hammered
out and and feature replacements in place,  (and OSGi support)  I’m kind uncomfortable calling
it 6.0.   However, a "release milestone” along that path is still a good idea to get people
working on it.