activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC2)
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:09:24 GMT
The apache release process covers the artifacts in apache/dist[1]
The jars in maven are outside the process from what I understand and
as such they do not need a LICENSE or NOTICE file.

However, I see some value in putting them in there, but I also see a
potential downside, because it may suggest that they are 'released'
artifacts that have been voted on by a PMC, which will not be the
case. It may be a case of maven tech adoption going ahead of explicit
policy.
What is an apache release may indeed, in the future, extend to what is
in maven, and we will be ahead of the curve with the inclusion of
these two files :-)

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#where-do-releases-go