activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 6.0.0 required Java 8?
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:25:04 GMT
Hi Kevin,

5.x is not dead. HornetQ JMS engine has a good architecture and
performances and was donated to ActiveMQ project so we can join efforts in
creating a next generation broker that will be faster and more stable. It
is not a drop-in replacement for the current 5.x. So the development of 6.x
and 5.x will continue in parallel for a long while. There has been work
already done on 6.x compatibility with the current ActiveMQ clients, but
that’s just a start.

We should document all this and lay the roadmap for future development soon
after the release.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac