activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} HornetQ & ActiveMQ's next generation
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:28:05 GMT
I've been trying to keep quite to get an idea of different folks view
points.  At this point I think it's fair to say that the ActiveMQ
project has not reached consensus that the HornetQ code contribution
is ready to become the successor to ActiveMQ 5.

So calling the git repo for the code donation activemq-6, was probably
a bad idea.  A this point I think the code donation should follow the
path the apollo took and switch to a code name.  It should continue to
do milestone release and solicit the help of ActiveMQ 5.x
users/developers to help mature into the successor that it wants to
become.

We can then revisit renaming to an ActiveMQ N, once it has matured to
the point there is little objection to it becoming the successor.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.