activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC2)
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:02:43 GMT
On 13 March 2015 at 15:30, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There was a base64.txt licence file previously that went away; is that
> code no longer included?
>

> We are using the Base64 from here:
> http://iharder.sourceforge.net/current/java/base64/
>

> Where he states you can license it anyway you wanted, for that we
> removed the base64 license.
>
> Do you see any issues with it?

He says you dont need to worry about matching it up to another
license, just use it as its public domain, but that he will license it
to you under any reasonable license if contacted to ask for that. He
does say do anything you want with it, which possibly includes simply
using it with a different licence by yourself but I'm not sure on that
at all, IANAL. Asking on legal@ (or seeing if somoene else previosuly
did) might be the way to go.

I would personally just call out the that files were released into
public domain, as per
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#can-works-placed-in-the-public-domain-be-included-in-apache-products.

> Regarding the docs:
>
> I guess the website doc wasn't updated with the release, only on the
> distribution. We will update it before the final upload though.

It was the distribution that I tried, I'll admit I hadn't even got as
far down the email to notice the link to the website thus far :)