activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Tracy Snell <tsn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} HornetQ & ActiveMQ's next generation
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:54:57 GMT
Stats for the last 12 months (jan - jan) show both projects about equal. Hornetq has an edge
on number of committers but not a big one.

https://www.openhub.net/p/hornetq <https://www.openhub.net/p/hornetq>
https://www.openhub.net/p/activemq <https://www.openhub.net/p/activemq>

I have read the history and I still don’t think things have been presented as clearly and
openly as you think. Plus all the unnecessary insults (ActiveMQ will die without HornetQ,
No one will choose ActiveMQ based on technical merit, etc) from various folks have done nothing
but foster division not community.

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 12:15 PM, Rob Davies <rajdavies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This incubator line is a red herring. HornetQ wanted to consolidate communities together
- they didn't need more committers - their community ( in the Apache sense of the word) was
already bigger than ActiveMQ. What I don't understand is that you actually agreed to this
- and backed a proposal made by someone not from Red Hat to put into a repo called ActiveMQ
6 - and  now you start calling foul? go back and read the history.