activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC3)
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:53:07 GMT
I think that a separate hornetQ project is a clear declaration that activemq has no long term
future.   My understanding of the situation is quite limited, but since there's already been
one attempt to replace the broker (apollo) and no attempt to modernize the existing broker,
I'd guess that it is not feasible. After apollo, I haven't seen the existing amq community
start a new broker project inside activemq, it's been maybe a couple years, so I expect it
won't happen.  so, sure hornetQ could be a different project, mine some external code from
amq, and wait for amq to die.  As I tried to indicate before, the only real way forward I
see is for the existing amq community to get behind making the former hornetQ codebase a real
amq 5 replacement.  What if you put the same amount of energy into adapting some amq code
to hornetQ as you do objecting to it's presence?    I don't understand why everyone isn't
saying, "wow, someone just gave us a many-dev-years of code advanced broker, look at all the
work I don't have to do!!, what can I do to help take advantage of it?"

thanks
david jencks