activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC3)
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:17:11 GMT
How is this any different than say  CXF 2.7.x to CXF 3.0.x?     Both versions use the same
maven coordinates.    Or Karaf 2.x -> 3.x -> 4.x?

My opinion is that if this is intended to eventually be a “6.0” of ActiveMQ, then lets
keep going that direction.  That said, if it’s not ready to be a full replacement, then
give it a slightly different naming, like “6.0.0-M1” for milestone 1 or similar.     I
guess that would be my preference.   Until we have all the migration issues hammered out and
and feature replacements in place,  (and OSGi support)  I’m kind uncomfortable calling it
6.0.   However, a "release milestone” along that path is still a good idea to get people
working on it.

Dan