activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} HornetQ & ActiveMQ's next generation
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:30:53 GMT
On 03/28/2015 01:28 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> What I don't like, from what I read, is almost virus-like
> attempt to make HQ into AMQ. Virus works by invading a cell
> and then using the cell itself to reproduce; the original cell
> is gone, all that remains is the virus (this is incredibly
> simplified, btw). It almost seems that the idea is, well, we
> can't control the development of AMQ, so let's stack the
> deck and make HQ the next version of AMQ and, shazam!, we now
> control the direction of an Apache TLP.

What I don't like is the imputation of devious motives without
supporting evidence. Emotive attack on the character of individuals is
unjustified and unhelpful.

Regardless of the merits of different points in this debate, or the
eventual conclusion reached, this is surely not the example to set for
constructive community discussion.

> Someone on the thread called it a hostile takeover; I fail
> to see how that interpretation is far from the mark.

I fail to see how that interpretation is supported by fact.