activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} HornetQ & ActiveMQ's next generation
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:32:15 GMT
(please note mixed private/public lists)

Just to be clear: the ASF *must* own trademark rights to any software
project or product before it can become a top level Apache project.
This is the fundamental way that the ASF can ensure the project can
maintain independent governance in the future.

This is a hard requirement on exiting Incubation; we do not require
trademark rights to *enter* incubation, but there should be a clear
statement that whatever name/logos an incoming podling plans to use will
be donated to the ASF during incubation.  It's a lot easier to start the
podling hosting setup with the right name, rather than changing later.

- Shane