activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jakub Korab <jakub.korab.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ DSLs
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:59:32 GMT
Just taking a look through the source tree, given that all the tests are
in activemq-unit-tests, it doesn't make a structural difference. Keeping
it external might make sense as it would be an optional extra.

I also have a test DSL as a sub-project of my source tree that uses
JUnit 4.11 (same version as used by ActiveMQ) @Rule annotations, which
get the test runner to manage the lifecycle of the DSL-defined broker
(as opposed to writing the same setUp() and tearDown() methods all the
time). It allows lookups of transport connector URIs for easy
ConnectionFactory instantiation, and also does transparent network
proxying via a SocketProxy.

|public class MyEmbeddedBrokerTest {
     @Rule
     public ProxiedBrokerResource broker = new BrokerResource(
             ActiveMQBrokers.broker("embeddedBroker").useJmx(false).persistent(false)
                 .transportConnectors()
                     .transportConnector("openwire", "tcp://0.0.0.0:61616").end()
                     .transportConnector("stomp", "stomp://0.0.0.0:61618").end()
                 .end())
             .withProxied("openwire").port(10000); // port to be proxied is looked up by name
             // you can define multiple proxies for the one broker!

     @Test
     public void testNetworkOutages() {
         ConnectionFactory cf =
             new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(
                 "failover:(" + broker.getTcpConnectionUri("openwire") + ")"); // returns
proxied port 10000
         // ...
         SocketProxy socketProxy = broker.getProxy("openwire");
         socketProxy.close(); // network goes down
         // ...
         socketProxy.reopen(); // network comes back up
     }
}|

I would like to drop it in to an activemq-test-dsl project - that would
allow its use in unit tests, as well as by anyone external who would
like to make use of it. Does that sound good?

I think that the general consensus is to go ahead. How do I go about
doing this? Should I log in in Jira, and issue a pull request from a git
branch?

Jakub