activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Martyn Taylor <mtay...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC2)
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 15:59:42 GMT

On 13/03/15 15:16, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I downloaded the src+bin tar.gz files, and gave the src build a run
> through and kicked the tyres on the binary. The NPE from RC1 when
> using an AMQP client is now fixed. In the docs the links to the
> configuration index now work, and the table there now links to the
> .html files rather than the .md files.
>
> For the docs, the project-info page near the start is still 404's.
Thanks.

> Looking at some of the diff since RC1, I noticed that some JSON
> related source files had their 'JSON licence' restored to them. They
> should be mentioned in the distro LICENCE files as a result, either
> including the license or pointing to it in the tree.
Given that the activemq-core-client jar covers these source files it
it's LICENSE, am I correct in assuming there is no need to add this
again in the binary distribution? i.e. apache-activemq-6.0.0-bin i.e. we
should only  need to add this to the LICENSE file in the source
distribution?
> The
> activemq-core-client jar has the ASLv2 included twice in its
> META-INF/LICENCE file, likely due to the appended-resources file for
> adding the licence for the JSON bits.
Yes.  The build appears to append the license rather than overwrite as
we had thought.

> There was a base64.txt licence file previously that went away; is that
> code no longer included?
Clebert already replied to this.  But yes this is no longer included.