activemq-dev mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pluggable Brokers...
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:51:11 GMT
I'm not sure how this proposal fits into the existing ActiveMQ solution at
this point.  It should be feasible to start down this path and consider how
it fits later down the line.

Giving it a little thought right now, one possible approach would be to get
the API defined, and then make a new messaging solution by taking key
ActiveMQ features (e.g. virtual topics) and putting them into a new artifact
that uses the Engine API.

I have another concept that may help to see how this proposal innovates.
This borrows from the "use before reuse" idea.  Instead of creating a single
messaging solution (or broker), having a toolset for creating messaging
solutions makes it possible to better address diverse needs.

Another concept...  We have socket, filesystem, and other APIs that make
networking, file storage, and other needs in applications easy.  There are
multiple implementations of these APIs (every O/S has its own).  And we have
messaging APIs (e.g. JMS) that makes messaging in applications easy.  In
between, we have large solutions (ActiveMQ, XMPP, etc).  What would happen
if we split that middle into two parts: one that brings up, from the bottom,
a "messaging engine" or "messaging primitives" API, creating a space coming
down from the top into which multiple implementations can be placed and more
easily developed?

Creating the best fit...