activemq-dev mailing list archives

From seij...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Configure load balancing activemq servers which have only one static load balancing IP
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:20:45 GMT
I think what I’m trying to say is that - OpenWire is a two way communication protocol,

it benefits in producing from you not closing the connection (you are just causing broker
connection

management churn) and some of the features really requires that a connection isn’t man in
the middle

managed. - Putting a loadbalancer and shared IP is a bad idea. If it was a more http like
protocol,

sure, you’ll still be creating connection churn unless it is a “gateway” protocol that
keeps its own

connection open to the broker. The brokers also look at connection / consumption / production
speed,

another argument against load balancing externally.