activemq-dev mailing list archives

From jgenender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} HornetQ & ActiveMQ's next generation
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:07:51 GMT
Dain!  Good to see you! Long time no see ;-)

Dain is spot on.  I'm also an old Geronimo hound.  The more people coding
helps create heterogeneity.  I'm not against HornetQ being AMQ6... in fact I
believe I supported it.

The problem here is exactly what Dain pointed out.  More people coding.
BUT... what I have seen is a lot of folks *are* contributing code patches in
JIRAs and those JIRAs getting ignored and no love.  Recent email threads and
discussion (and JIRA comments) evince this as a serious issue.  The patches
that seem to get accepted seem to be either from making a lot of noise or
are due to affiliations.  It is certainly no secret that the PMC and many of
the committers have a good shade of the color red or have affiliations with
the organization.  The key to getting people more active is to build the
community and nourish people's desire to contribute.  That's not happening
here. :-(  The PMC should be making strides in making this a reality and its
not happening.

If HornetQ is going to be the new AMQ6... I'm all for it.  But it (and this
project) needs more heterogeneity.

Remember the code is easy.  The community is the hard part.  If you build
the community, the code comes for free, and like a firehose.

Jeff