activemq-dev mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} HornetQ & ActiveMQ's next generation
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:29:18 GMT
> 5.x needs a new core.

I think this point is really at the heart of the entire disagreement here.

The initial grant vote did not mention that HornetQ was going to be taken as
a *replacement* for the entirety of ActiveMQ.  As several folks have
mentioned here, we had the impression the code was going to be made
available for merging into the ActiveMQ code base.

If the initial vote had been, "[VOTE] accept HornetQ as ActiveMQ 6 to
replace the existing code base", the results of the vote would have been
very different.  It may still have passed, but there would have been this
same discussion back then before heading part-way down this path, and there
would be no reason to discuss it now.

Chris - I think you mentioned there was a vote to bring HornetQ folks into
the AMQ PMC.  I don't believe that happened (someone please correct me if I
have it wrong).