activemq-dev mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC3)
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:47:27 GMT
That's all marketing.  Are there metrics to back it up?

Last I understood, there is a very strong community using ActiveMQ.

Old isn't much of an argument.  For example, it was built before NIO, and
yet it now supports NIO.

Are there more specifics?  Feedback on which no action can be taken is
purely criticism, and I don't appreciate ActiveMQ being called a dinasour.
Java, C, C++, Javascript, and others have been around even longer than
ActiveMQ - will you deprecate them all?

If there are critical issues behind ActiveMQ, let's get them out in the
open.  This is reminding me of the HawtIO discussion from last year - a lot
of emotion behind it, but ultimately not much strength of reasoning.

Let me turn this around.  If we can't clearly enumerate the benefit to the
ActiveMQ community (which is a deal-breaker for me), then why not start
HornetQ as its own Apache project?  Where is the downside?