activemq-dev mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC3)
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 00:57:45 GMT
I will continue to look at this as I can find time.

One question I'm seeing now - the artifact naming is using activemq- for the
prefix, and a greater concern is the overlap of the artifacts like the
followin:

* activemq-ra
* activemq-web

I'm concerned that Maven central will have two sets of artifacts with the
activemq name, which will lead to confusion for users.  And, I'm especially
concerned that two totally different artifacts with the same name will be in
maven central.

Until HornetQ becomes a replacement for ActiveMQ and we decide to stop
maintaining ActiveMQ, I'm concerned that we need to avoid this type of
confusion.