activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 6.0.0 (RC3)
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:21:50 GMT
To me it means that the existing amq community doesn't want to enter the modern world and would
rather hornetQ hadn't come here.  Sorry to be blunt, but it seems to me that there's a lot
more effort being expended on objecting to the hornetQ donation and trying to get the new
committers to just go away than to integrating the code bases.

Thanks Hiram for making it a bit more explicit why amq is gonna die without a new broker from
somewhere.  Frankly I can't believe your good fortune here.  If you scare away hornetQ I don't
think anyone's about to give you another broker and I don't see anyone here writing a new
one after apollo.

I'll try to shut up now.

thanks
david jencks