activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.11.0 (rc3)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:37:12 GMT
On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 12:00 AM, artnaseef <art@artnaseef.com> wrote:
> Hey Claus - we can work on a 5.10.2; this bug exists in 5.10.1?

Yes 5.10.1 and 5.11.0 are affected.

> Before starting down that route, though, is it possible to clarify the
> impact of this bug?  It sounds like a nuisance from what I read - and could
> hurt performance in some use-cases.  Is that fair?

IMHO its a major issue that can cause the broker to run out of memory,
and of course before that slow down. And managing the broker becomes
more problematic as the JMX tree has an ever grown number of mbeans.

The issue is caused when clients are using JMS and the activemq-pool
and/or activemq-jms-pool.
And out of the box Camel users would usually do that.