activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.11.0
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:17:41 GMT
Dan,
the test is mixing stomp and openwire and asserting a jms semantic in
the event of a stomp disconnect without an unsubscribe. The patch
applied broker configuration that makes the test work reliably. Having
a reliable redelivery flag semantic has been evolving for some time.
Stomp users have never had redelivery flag semantics that could be
relied on so they won't care. The full story is in the commit log.

On 28 January 2015 at 17:26, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> I’m more or less -1 until someone can more fully explain the issue with the failing
tests.

> The “patch” changes the test, but my question really is whether the original test
code is “correct” and is really exposing some flaw in the stomp code that the new patch
is really just working around.   Are users that are using stomp going to have to make the
same changes that were done in the test in their environments?   If so, that’s a bigger
issue.