activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.11.0
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 21:28:37 GMT
It seems there are two issues - a 2s session expiry and 500ms tick
leaves too much room for skipped pings and client and server mismatch
in session expiry. In the tests the single zk server stays alive there
are no dropped connections.
One of the problems i encountered seems to be
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1751 and an upgrade
helps reduce
the spurious session expiry.
But to get stability - moving from the default 2s session expiry to
something like 15s is necessary. Otherwise a client may not ping in
time and the server will expiry.
I note that in 5.10 - these tests were mostly excluded via the pom, so
they would only run on linux. Recently I removed osx from the profiles
that were excluded - which may explain the diff from 5.10