activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Have every committer on the PMC by default
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:35:05 GMT
They can indicate the same by doing whatever they want to do, nobody
stops them to self elect and do whatever they like, scratch an itch.
They prove that they understand the ASF values and they get voted in. I
am not ok with providing blanket binding votes in this community where
proper mentorship has been a problem. I do encourage however any
committer to be proactive and do all the management he's interested in.
I encourage any contributor to keep contributing, improve their skills,
and *their* project (activemq) and become, if they want, committers
(speaking of which, doesn't necessarily need to be only code, I got a
lot of complaints lately about documentation). They all got my full support.

-1 (binding)
Hadrian