activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.11.0
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2015 21:55:42 GMT
Happy New Year everybody.

I think the 'veto' term is quite pervasive in the release votes.
Cut'n'paste, whatever the reason, I hope all PMC members know that when
it comes to releases it is not actually a veto, just a negative vote
[1]. That doesn't mean it can be taken lightly both when casting the
vote and when deciding to move ahead despite negative votes. In addition
to the technical reasons there are social ones to consider (the
"community over code" part of the Apache Way).

Cheers,
Hadrian

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html