activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dejan Bosanac (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (AMQ-5378) Initscript refactoring: setup function seems to be broken, removal of uneccessary files, fix various problems
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 14:07:12 GMT


Dejan Bosanac commented on AMQ-5378:

Hi Marc,

I cherry-picked and committed most of your changes. What I didn't commit is:

- default configuration - I still think sourcing the separate script is the way to go
- checkrunning changes -  the commands like browse, bstat, are not limited to only working
with local broker (you can use --jmxurl to connect them to remote ones), so it's not a job
of a script to check if broker is running locally. We need to improve implementation of these
commands, which should be done under a new Jira
- changing the name of pid files - I know you mentioned multiple instances as the reason for
this change. I'm not sure if you played with "create" command which should create a new "base"
for multiple brokers if you want to do that. That should make those instance shell scripts
also obsolete, as we can just copy "env" script to the new bin directory. I think we should
focus on improving "create" functionality as the solution for multi-tenancy.
- I think the test script is a great idea, but didn't include it for now, as there's a problem
with it. There's general issue with using "sed -i" and "sed ~s" on osx (and probably other
platforms), so we should avoid it. We should continue working on the good test script
- I also removed setup command from the script.

Thanks for your contribution so far. Please continue to provide fixes and improvements against
the current trunk. But please, keep you patches focused on a single fix/improvement. It will
make it easier to test and merge.

I'll try to include some of the QA folks from RedHat to test the script on different platforms
and verify it.

For the future (especially for 6.x), I'd like us to get more in line of the Apollo and Karaf
scripts. As for the Cygwin, as you managed to make it work, I'd leave it for now and see how
to best support windows users in the future.

> Initscript refactoring: setup function seems to be broken, removal of uneccessary files,
fix various problems
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: AMQ-5378
>                 URL:
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Broker
>    Affects Versions: 5.10.0
>         Environment: Linux/Unix
>            Reporter: Marc Schöchlin
>              Labels: assemblies
>             Fix For: 5.11.0
>         Attachments: AMQ-5378.patch
> The current initscript seems to be broken.
> I submitted the current unix init script (see AMQ-2453) - the original script seems to
be modified in a way which breaks the "setup" function
> If you call "./activemq setup ~/.activemq" you get a really messy configfile.
> The current distribution also contains lots of files of the java service wrapper which
are not needed anymore.
> I created the following patch/pull request:

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message