activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject PR Process on github.com/activemq6 repo
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:21:58 GMT
I would like us to use the pull request approach on
github.com/apache/activemq-6.

To me that's a no brainer... PR commits is the best approach... simpler to
handle, review.. and you could even get tests working to validate the
changes are consistent and accurate with the testsuite. It really improves
collaboration with anyone interested in contribute code.

However, We have a two issues to get sorted to make that work:

I - PR builds We will need a bot user that would have push authorization on
the mirror:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/GitHub+pull+request+builder+plugin

II - Authorization for committers to close PRs.
We will merge PRs manually but we still need a way to close PRs when we
reject issues.