activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PR Process on github.com/activemq6 repo
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 17:07:03 GMT
On 12 November 2014 16:55, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > In the past this has been ruled out, committers can request addition to
> the
> > 'Apache' organization on github that the mirrors live under, but only
> infra
> > team members have the necessary rights to update anything within it. The
> > expectation seems to be that you either file JIRA requests with infra to
> > clean up stale Pull Requests, ask the person who opened it to close it,
> or
> > leverage commit messages to do so ("This closes #foo" etc) when merging
> > the ASF hosted git repo.
> >

> I got the impression that you would see this empty merge commit message on
> the logs.
> I don't want to increase the log with any message to close a PR.
> If that's not happening it's probably ok... I'm just afraid of the history
> to build up in anyways when we reject PRs.

The only committer ability to close Pull Requests is via the log messages
so far as I am aware, otherwise you need to ask infra or the original
requester to close.

That said, as I have never actually merged a pull request I'm not
necessarily the best person to comment, I'm just repeating what I have read
or been told in the past. I have only ever asked infra to close a couple of
stale PRs after the changes were actually committed via raising a JIRA and
attaching a patch, and the resultant commits didn't reference the pull
requst and the original requesters didnt respond to request to close them.

Robbie