activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:08:39 GMT
I think we should complete the 'Copyright' section of the ip
clearance[1], run a vote to accept the grant and initial committers
and then do the surgery to remove the LPGL deps before completing the
'Verify distribution rights' section.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/hornetq.html

On 24 September 2014 11:54, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see #1 and #2 are complete.
>
> on #3
>
> - there are a bunch of examples and documentation that do not have the
> apache license header, but this is covered in the code grant. We can
> add licenses as appropriate before a release.
>  -- otherwise we are in the clear.
>
> on #4
>
>  - There is an issue with jee api jars (jms, jta, ejb etc) from jboss
> under CDDL or GPL - we will need to replace those with the geronimo
> counterparts
>
>  - The jee resource adapter (.rar) implements a bunch of jboss
> extension points from ironjacamar-core-api, jboss-jca-api and
> jboss-transaction-spi - all LGPL
>  -- We will need to make a functional version without those extension
> points. The wildfly specifics will have to live outside apache.
>
> - there is a hard dependency on jboss-logging-spi (LGPL)
> -- This will require some major surgery to extract the logging into a
> plugin and use possibly slf4j by default. This will touch most every
> file.
>
> - there is a twitter4j dependency under license[1] that we can drop if
> necessary.
>
> In summary, before any of the contributed code is released we will
> need to address these dependencies but they need not hinder a grant
> acceptance.
>
> Gary.
>
> [1]https://github.com/hornetq/hornetq/blob/master/distribution/hornetq/src/main/resources/licenses/LICENSE_twitter4j.txt
>

> On 10 July 2014 16:53, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
>> Hi Clebert ,
>>
>> This is a far as I've been able to get with the IP clearance form:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/ip-clearance/hornetq.xml
>>
>> I assumed that what you guys want to donate is the code that currently
>> exists on github master (commit
>> 90d43fbc158a0e6e3028c7179dbcf984757b88fb).
>>
>> Things we still need to do:
>>
>> 1) Get Red Hat to file a CCLA with Schedule B filled out
>> 2) Get a list of your active committers and make sure they have CLAs filed.
>> 3) "Check and make sure that for all items included with the
>> distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right
>> to combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute"
>> 4) Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the project is
>> covered by one or more of the approved licenses.
>> 5) Run a VOTE thread to accept the code donation.
>>
>> I encourage the rest of the ActiveMQ PMC members to help check and
>> double check items #3 and #4 before doing #5.
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
>>> I'll start looking into filling out the ip-clearance from.

JMS broker

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com