activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible HornetQ donation to ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:54:10 GMT
I see #1 and #2 are complete.

on #3

- there are a bunch of examples and documentation that do not have the
apache license header, but this is covered in the code grant. We can
add licenses as appropriate before a release.
 -- otherwise we are in the clear.

on #4

 - There is an issue with jee api jars (jms, jta, ejb etc) from jboss
under CDDL or GPL - we will need to replace those with the geronimo
counterparts

 - The jee resource adapter (.rar) implements a bunch of jboss
extension points from ironjacamar-core-api, jboss-jca-api and
jboss-transaction-spi - all LGPL
 -- We will need to make a functional version without those extension
points. The wildfly specifics will have to live outside apache.

- there is a hard dependency on jboss-logging-spi (LGPL)
-- This will require some major surgery to extract the logging into a
plugin and use possibly slf4j by default. This will touch most every
file.

- there is a twitter4j dependency under license[1] that we can drop if
necessary.

In summary, before any of the contributed code is released we will
need to address these dependencies but they need not hinder a grant
acceptance.

Gary.

[1]https://github.com/hornetq/hornetq/blob/master/distribution/hornetq/src/main/resources/licenses/LICENSE_twitter4j.txt