activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDK requirements for 5.11?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 20:51:58 GMT
On 07/08/2014 04:47 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Has there been a discussion and/or agreement about the Java requirements for 5.11?  5.10
still support Java6.  For 5.11, would it make sense to require Java7?

> I’m mostly asking as I have a pull request coming that updates all the poms and such
so that you can pull activemq into eclipse via M2E instead of the eclipse:eclipse thing.
However, there is one small issue around activemq-runtime-config that causes a problem if
Eclipse is running with Java7, but the project level is Java6.  I *may* be able to work around
it, but it’s not work spending the time if the plan is to update to Java 7 anyway.

> Thoughts?

+1 for moving to Java7

--
Tim Bish