activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 connection property names
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 19:04:42 GMT
On 05/13/2014 05:12 PM, Chuck Rolke wrote:
> I like having registered properties especially for common cases.
>
> 'client-pid' and 'client-name' would be my first vote.

The reason I don't like 'client' in there is that its not always
'clients' making the connection and further, 'client' means different
things in different contexts. E.g. in an RPC over messaging situation
the 'client' is the process making the requests, the 'server' the one
responding, though from a brokers point of view both are clients.

> 'pid' and 'pname' second.
> 'pid' and 'process' third.

I'm fine with any of these.