activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject AMQP 1.0 connection property names
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 15:20:57 GMT
The qpid::messaging (c++), qpid.messaging (python) libraries send
connection properties to identify the process by name and pid among
other things. These are then used by the QMF support in qpidd to report
the process details for the connections.

This has proven to be an extremely useful feature and is supported also
over AMQP 1.0. At present the property names used for both 0-10 and 1.0
are qpid.client_pid and qpid.client_process.

However I would like to send this data in an application outside of
qpid[1]. Having standard names for these two items over AMQP 1.0 would
be great. This is not to force any implementation that doesn't support
or recognise them to do so, merely to encourage anyone adding something
similar to use the same property name for better interoperability.

I'm open to any suggestions on the names to use, but I would like to
submit a request to OASIS to have them added to
http://www.amqp.org/specification/1.0/connection-properties. My
suggestion is simply to use 'pid' and 'process'.

Anyone have an opinion on this? If not I'll go ahead and send a request
to https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/amqp-comment/

Apologies for the cross-posting, but I figured there may be interest on
the ActiveMQ side as well.

--Gordon.

[1] Specifically a proposed 'driver' supporting AMQP 1.0 in OpenStack's
messaging library: https://github.com/FlaPer87/oslo.messaging/tree/gordon