activemq-dev mailing list archives

From uromahn <ulr...@ulrichromahn.net>
Subject Discussion: JMS 2.0 API support
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 18:01:16 GMT
Hi Folks,

just wanted  to throw a bone out seeing if anyone catches it and responds.

I was wondering whether ActiveMQ has any intention to support the JMS 2.0
API specification which is part of JEE7 and has been released almost a year
ago (May 21, 2013).

JMS 2.0 has some significant improvements over JMS 1.1 and I believe
supporting it in ActiveMQ soon may improve its popularity within the Java
community.

Based on my current investigation, the only options for JMS 2.0 support seem
to be HornetQ (JBoss) and Open MQ (Glassfish) and Fiorano MQ.

So, is there any interest in supporting JMS 2.0 in the near future? I would
love to contribute but my current day-job just doesn't give me enough time.
:(

Ideas, comments, suggestions?
-Uli