activemq-dev mailing list archives

From AbdulRafay <Abdul.Ra...@Alrayan.com>
Subject Client for ActiveMQ over HTTP
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:43:49 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to ActiveMQ. I am trying to write a client to pull messages from
ActiveMQ.

There is another vendor company that has provided queue and the ActvieMQ
environment is remote.

We can only access it through a URL over http lets say http:X::16161. The
queue name is MyQueue.

The other information in the vendor's manual is below. Can you tell me how
to start integration with the below? Is there any simulator from where I can
send XML request message to MQ and receive response. Or how does it work? Is
it just like normal web services over HTTP?

The Push Action message is used to send messages from XXVendor System to the
destination -integrated- system, to update the statuses of objects modified
in XXVendor System in the integrated system. This message contains the
affected -modified- object information and values.

This message is to be passed from XXVendor System as part of the invoked
service provided by third-party applications (i.e. the destination system),
where the following shall apply:

•	The communication is always initiated by XXVendor System as client. The
destination system acts as a server.
•	Push Action message will use Apache ActiveMQ as the middleware between
XXVendor System and other systems. XXVendor System shall push and pull the
messages to the middleware and each party will have a separate queue
defined.

•	There will be 1 queue defined for each consumer  to pull the messages
related to it.
•	The communication is synchronous.
•	The XML messages encoding is "UTF-8".