activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Zakeria Hassan <zak.hassan1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node.JS Client Library for Accessing Apache ActiveMQ
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 23:59:41 GMT
Hi Johan,

So npm is basically a way to download libraries used in Node.JS . This
hunch entered my mind like a few hours ago. Its really experimental but
everything on the web was experimental "once upon a time". I'll send out an
email once its ready. Oh and if you don't have node.js installed you won't
have access to npm. To get node.js setup just run the following:

*> wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.25/node-v0.10.25.tar.gz
<http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.25/node-v0.10.25.tar.gz>*
*> cd node-v0.10.25*
*> ./configure && make && make install*

The 'npm' command is how we install libraries to use in node.js

Here is an example of one that lets you send Soap messages:

https://github.com/milewise/node-soap