activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Console - let's get the problem defined
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:12:11 GMT

On Feb 4, 2014, at 3:10 AM, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 February 2014 21:27, artnaseef <art@artnaseef.com> wrote:
>
>> James Strachan-2 wrote
>>> The web console is the same old crap
>>> it's always been. I wrote quite a bit of it many years ago; I apologise
>>> for
>>> it profusely-  but it still deserves a sympathetic burial.
>>
>> Why does it deserve a burial?  If it's old and unmaintained, then why is it
>> a pain point?
>

> Its a big security risk,

Not really any more than any other console.

> its a lousy console, it makes the project look bad

Your opinion.  It works for what it’s intended to do.  It’s simple and easy to use.

> and noone wants to maintain it any more -

There are people trying to contribute and move it forward.  Vote them in and this problem
is completely solved!  This is a great way to get people more involved with ActiveMQ and get
more committers on the project.

> and it uses up a huge amount of
> space in RAM and in the distro.

I would hardly call 1MB a “huge amount”.   I guess consider it 5MB with the JSP libraries
which wouldn’t be needed otherwise.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp