activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] - Remove the old ActiveMQ Console
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:48:24 GMT
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> That’s completely BS.     If I download “activemq-###.tar.gz” from ActiveMQ’s
website and I run the startup scripts and such that are documented in that bundle and I find
a problem that directly pertains to ActiveMQ, I COMPLETELY expect to be able to go to ActiveMQ’s
JIRA and log an issue.  I also completely expect to be able to do a “git clone” of ActiveMQ’s
repo, diagnose the problem, and submit a patch back to ActiveMQ.

If this is true then we should not be using ANY 3rd party libs at all.
 Most users cannot tell where the line is between 3rd party libs and
ActiveMQ's source.  The ActiveMQ project is ultimately responsible for
all functionality shipped (if its 3rd party or not).  If it's a 3rd
party defect then the ActiveMQ project needs to either work around the
defect, patch the defect in the 3rd party library or work with the 3rd
party to fix the defect.  All 3 approaches are possible with hawtio
too.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.