activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move the ActiveMQ web-console to a sub-project.
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 20:54:55 GMT
Rob, not sure what question you answered, but again, what were the
reasons to develop hawt.io outside the ASF that you alluded to?

Hadrian

On 01/30/2014 03:40 PM, Robert Davies wrote:
> Red Hat employees thousands of open source developers, who in turn develop on hundreds
of projects. Developers are encouraged to go and explore new stuff. New projects can form
anywhere under loose guidelines (e.g. GitHub, Eclipse, Apache, JBoss community are fine -
its really is up to that community). Red Hat is a pretty unique company, with a very unique
open culture. They have one rule for their products - they have to be completely open source.
In that environment, it would be surprising if developers weren’t encouraged to innovate
new things.

> On 30 Jan 2014, at 18:53, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since you made this claim, can you please explain what the reasons are? Hopefully
it will clarify the misunderstanding. Personally I find it very hard to understand how a company
that invests in something would not care what the outcome is.

>> Cheers,
>> Hadrian
>>

>> On 01/30/2014 03:10 AM, Robert Davies wrote:
>>> Where hawtio lives, what direction it takes is entirely down to the hawtio community
-  my employer - Red Hat really doesn’t care - hawtio isn’t at the ASF for other reasons.